Indoor Mini League in Brooklyn!
NYC’s first 4v4 indoor league is happening this spring in Brooklyn at the Pitch, located along the Williamsburg/Greenpoint border. Games are timed and continuous with a “make it, drop it” rule for change of possession. Play is coed with rosters of at least 8 players.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
The league is capped at 8 teams and league play is
What you get –
- 8 week regular season + Playoffs (week 9)
- League Jersey
- Discounted Beer at our partner bar, Berry Park
Rostering and Gameplay –
- 4 men and 4 women on each roster
- Minimum of 8 players per team
- Each night you will play two 21 minute games
- Substitutions are allowed but must pay a $15 fee for the evening
Rules of Play –
1. The Field: A rectangular shape with scoring zones at each end. A regulation field is 60 feet by 30 feet, and the scoring zones are half circles at opposing ends of the field.
2. Initiate Play: Teams flip discs to determine who will start with the disc and which goal the want to defend. As this is indoor, we do not flip fields after a score. You attack the same goal the entire game.
3. Scoring: Each time the offense completes a pass in the defense’s scoring zone, the offense scores a point. Upon scoring, the disc is dropped in the scoring zong and play is initiated with the scored on team now on offense.
4. Movement of the Disc: The disc may be advanced in any direction by completing a pass to a teammate. Players may not run with the disc. The person with the disc (“thrower”) has SIX seconds to throw the disc. The defender guarding the thrower (“marker”) counts out the stall count.
5. Change of Possession: When a pass in not completed (e.g. out of bounds, drop, block, interception), the defense immediately takes possession of the disc and becomes the offense. Please note that the disc can hit the walls along the sidelines or the net above the field. If the disc makes contact with the back wall or net, the disc is considered out of bounds.
6. Substitutions: Substitutions are made “on the fly”. You must high five the person you are subbing for. Also, each team has one 30 second timeout they can use to adjust the players.
7. Low-contact: Given the size of the field, contact is unavoidable. You may not make contact with the thrower and minimal contact is allowed in the scoring zone. Picks and screens are illegal but a pick call should not be called in the open field, only if you are picked within arms length of the scoring zone and the play results in a score.
8. Fouls: When a player initiates contact on another player a foul occurs. When a foul disrupts possession, the play resumes as if the possession was retained. If the player committing the foul disagrees with the foul call, the play is redone.
9. Self-Officiating: Players are responsible for their own foul and line calls. Players resolve their own disputes.
10.Spirit of the Game: Ultimate stresses sportsmanship and fair play. Competitive play is encouraged, but never at the expense of respect between players, adherence to the rules, and the basic joy of play.